Regional workshop for Northwest Florida on the Substance Exposed Newborn to be held at Lakeview Center on April 26th – 8:30 am – 4 pm. This meeting is an outgrowth of the wonderful dialogue started at the ECABS Methadone presentation last November.
Mission: To reduce the Prevalence of Substance Exposed Newborns by promoting a collaborative community System of Care
There will be presentations on the following topics:
- Keynote: What should we include in a Community System of Care for these Infants?
- SEN: a Growing Epidemic—How we got here and what we are doing about it. – Dr Irv Williams —Lakeview Center Inc
- The Effects of Opioids and Methadone on the fetus – Dr. Julie DeCesare — Seton Center
- How to handle these infants once they go home – Dixie Morgese – Healthy Start Coalition, Daytona Beach
- Community Workgroup to begin identifying gaps in OUR SEN Community System of Care
There is a downloadable flyer available here.